Tuesday 10 July 2012

Do not limp just because your mother does!

I recently read a story about a dog that was pregnant and due to have her puppies in about a week. She was out in the yard one afternoon and got in the way of the lawn mower and sadly her two hind legs got cut off. She was rushed to the vet who offered to either sew her up or put her to sleep because of the severity of the injury. Apparently the puppies were fine and could be delivered if she was given a chance to do so. Her owner decided to keep her alive. So the vet sewed her up and over the next week the dog learned to walk. She didn’t seem to worry about he missing hind legs, she just walked by taking two steps in the front and then flipping up her backside, taking two steps again and flipping her backside up again. A week later she gave birth to 6 little puppies who were all in perfect health. She nursed them…then weaned them…and when they learned to walk, they all walked just like her.

A few days later I received an email with some very cute pictures of a chimpanzee who was orphaned and adopted by the Zookeeper’s dog. The dog happened to have puppies at the same time as the chimpanzee joined the family home. What a beautiful sight of the puppies and the chimpanzee cuddling together when sleeping, but a somewhat sad sight to see the chimpanzee on the next picture on all fours, eating from a dog bowl…completely oblivious to the fact that he had hands to eat with!

I cringed, because I knew right away that I was looking at a picture of myself. Lying in bed next to my 7-year-old daughter and glancing at her innocent and beautiful little face, I realize, that for the past 40 years I have been limping…left foot, right foot…completely oblivious to the fact that my “handicaps” were not mine to bear but my mother’s and it is only now and with the help of Jesus and my heavenly Father’s love that I am beginning to understand that I have two healthy hind legs to walk or stand on and arms and hands to put around my children in a loving embrace!

What about you? Have you discovered your hind legs yet? Why don’t you share with me by leaving a comment?

May God give you a week full of little miracles! :)                                        


Image courtesy of www.morguefile.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am looking forward to receiving your comment! It might not appear here right away, but it will be published within the next couple of days. 😉 I wish you a GREAT day! 🙋🏼‍♀️

(Oh, and if you don't have an account to log in with, don't worry, just choose "Anonymous" under "Comment as" and insert your name in the comment itself if you wish to do so.)