Wednesday 8 January 2014

2013 in review...2014 a new hope


I hope 2013 was a good year for you! It certainly was a good year for me.

2013 taught me to be still. To pace myself, and to listen to God.
2013 also taught me to be in the present. Spend time with my children, enjoying them.

But 2013 was also the year I fought a lot. I fought to be a better person, to overcome my past. I practically fought my way into my “Promised Land”. 
There's a saying "Been there, done that..." - yes, I even got the t-shirt. Just to remind myself to keep fighting. For a better me.


Photo is my own

2013 is now over and 2014 has just begun!

2014 I hope to be the year that will redefine love. For my body, for my children, for my husband, my mother, and most importantly, my Savior.

2014 dare I say, will be a monumental year – the most important year that I have been alive. For in 2014 my goal is simply to love. Only love. I know the rest will follow.

In the next three months I am planning to study "love" with the help of Scripture and a book by Joyce Meyer titled "the Love Revolution". If you're up to it, get a copy of her book and join me. I know it will be a very worthwhile read! 

"And I know it is important to love him with all my heart and all my understanding and all my strength, and to love my neighbor as myself. This is more important than to offer all of the burnt offerings and sacrifices required in the law."  Mark 12:33 (NLT) [emphasis added]

Besides all the other things I am going to do, I want 2014 to be the year I learn to really love. And as for you? I want you to know that YOU are completely LOVED by our God! May He bless your 2014!

Picture courtesy of www.morguefile.com



(This post was inspired by the writings of N'tima Preusser. You can visit her blog site here we seek joy and read some of her beautiful stories.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am looking forward to receiving your comment! It might not appear here right away, but it will be published within the next couple of days. 😉 I wish you a GREAT day! 🙋🏼‍♀️

(Oh, and if you don't have an account to log in with, don't worry, just choose "Anonymous" under "Comment as" and insert your name in the comment itself if you wish to do so.)