Wednesday 18 December 2019

PANDA adventures on Qatar Airways! ๐Ÿผ

Dear Diary,

I am really sorry that I have not felt like writing lately. I must admit that I have exhausted myself a little this year. But I haven't just done nothing, I have been up to something!

I hope that you agree with me that every mom ought to have a hobby that she considers fun and while some moms like to knit, cross-stitch or plant a garden, I, well, I kind of like video editing. Of course, in order to edit a video, you must have a video to edit and that means you need to go somewhere or do something so that you'll have a story to tell. So, I did. 

Sometime in September this year, I not only had the lovely opportunity to visit Switzerland but also the incredible privilege of traveling in the "World's Best Business Class"1 with Qatar Airways and let me say right here - it was simply amazing!

In summary, it was super posh and comfortable and it's definitely the way I would always love to travel if only I could afford. But best of all, it gave me the necessary footage for a travel vlog or travel review of a somewhat different kind! 

It's a story told by my little travel companion who went on the journey with me. Quite frankly, he goes on all journeys with me and his name is Panda because that's what he is, but you'll see him just now in the video. 

Panda and I started our journey on Lake Zรผrich in Switzerland and using a tram, a train, an A350-1000 and A350-900 of Qatar Airways and eventually a Boeing 737 of British Airways, we ended our long distance trip about 24 hours later on one of the most beautiful beaches in South Africa where we enjoyed a stunning sunrise. But you'll have to watch the video in order to see it. Just click on this link when you are ready to view it:

Panda adventures on Qatar Airways  ☀️
(Of course, if you are worried that the link might contain a virus, you will easily find it on YouTube if you search for "Panda Adventures on Qatar Airways". Alternatively, you can view it in my blog, right at the bottom of this post.)

The video is meant to entertain the viewers (adults and kids alike) while still showing the impeccable and outstanding service of Qatar Airways and their new fleet. I hope you like it and I would love it if you left me a comment ๐Ÿ“ below the video or simply decided to hit the like ๐Ÿ‘ or subscribe button. You never know, I might make more of these kind of videos. It was loads of fun making and editing this video and although all footage was taken with an iPhone SE which, admittedly is not very good with dim light, I do think that it turned out alright. 

Panda and I, absolutely loved the new QSuite of Qatar Airways, which is generously spacious and even has a private door that you can close after take-off if you prefer to be alone! We sat in a rear facing seat which, by the way, is highly recommendable, because in the sleeping position your head will be slightly higher than your feet and it's usually much more comfortable to sleep that way. I never knew that an airplane is pointed slightly upwards in flying position but now I do. It certainly worked for me and I would fly rear facing again. I slept really well and Panda, well Panda slept like all Pandas do...very peacefully. 

Another really awesome thing that you will see in the video is the incredibly generous "Dine-on-demand" service that is being offered on Qatar Airways. What does that mean? Well, they literally bring you anything on the menu, anytime you want it and their menu is really quite something! You'll find several starters, main courses and desserts, not to mention cappuccinos, hot chocolates and herbal teas. The lot! Whatever you wish for, they will bring it to you at any time of the night and to top it all off, they even stock a little mini buffet at night where you can help yourself to some sparkling wine, fruits and snacks (including Swiss chocolates!) whenever you feel the urge to nibble on something. Needless to say that Panda kept sneaking out of our QSuite a few times at night! ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿ˜‹

The last thing I want to mention is how friendly the crew was. I didn't find one crew member that didn't smile at me and that is worth mentioning! They were top notch and very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. We even got a turn-down service when we were ready for bed. 

Panda and I both loved flying with Qatar Airways and Doha airport is also a pleasure to transit in. It's incredibly well organized and easy to navigate and even as little as 45 minutes is enough time to connect to another flight there. All in all, it was an incredible experience and an airline I would certainly recommend and fly with any day again, whether in Business or Economy class. 

So, that's what I've been up to. Panda and I made a journey from Lake Zรผrich in Switzerland to that beautiful beach in South Africa and now we have a story to tell and we hope that you will enjoy our video! This was a marvelous example that sometimes it's really not only the beginning or the destination that counts, it's the ride in between!


We wish you safe travels during the festive season 
and a wonder-filled week!
๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿผ‍♀️๐Ÿ’•




1 Awards received by Qatar Airways 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am looking forward to receiving your comment! It might not appear here right away, but it will be published within the next couple of days. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I wish you a GREAT day! ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿผ‍♀️

(Oh, and if you don't have an account to log in with, don't worry, just choose "Anonymous" under "Comment as" and insert your name in the comment itself if you wish to do so.)